Are you looking for a not healthy, but super easy recipe to make for Sunday football? Or Sunday Slum-day as I call it. This is a spin off of chili cheese hotdogs. I have little ones and they can’t eat hot dogs as they are suppose to be eaten. Their mouths are too small, and their hands make everything too messy. I’ll posts photos of this tonight.
- 8 hot dog buns
- 8 hot dogs
- 2 cans of chili
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish. (I skipped this but I was using stoneware, and there was light sticking. DON’T SKIP THIS STEP)
- Tear up the hot dog buns in half and arrange the pieces in the bottom of the dish evenly. You could probably put regular bread in this recipe instead if you don’t want to use hot dog buns. Hey be health conscious and buy low calorie bread and use it.
- Slice the hot dogs into bite size pieces and layer the pieces over the buns. I use bun length hot dogs to get more bang for my buck.
- Pour the chili over the hot dogs. I started off with one can, but it just wasn’t enough for my family. We LOVE our chili. Also, I mix 1 can spicy and 1 can regular. A little extra kick in there.
- Sprinkle with the chopped onion. This is optional.
- Top off with the cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
It’s so good, and easy to make. You can say you made a home cooked meal and have spent 5 minutes putting it together.